Header

Header

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review: NYC Metro Quartet Eye Shadow

A few days ago I posted about my mini haul from the Dollar Tree, I have had some time to play around with the NYC Metro Quartet Eye Shadow, in the shade Riverside Park, that I purchased and wanted to share my thoughts on it.

I looked this product up on the NYC website and they describe this quad of three beautiful green shades and one cream colored highlight shade as a quad that will 'help you achieve that smoldering, sultry, smokey look'. Claims it has ultra silky texture, intense color rich shades, long lasting, goes on smoothly and evenly and that it's fragrance free.

All of the shades in this quad do have a slight hint of shimmer, but it does not appear to be all that noticeable once you have it on your eyes. The shadows are easy to work with and are very blend-able  I felt that these shadows did have a silky texture to them and they were not powdery or chalky. The colors are also build-able  which is good because the lightest green shade is not all that pigmented when you put it on your eye. I think that you definitely need a primer when using these shadows to get the best color payoff. I've worn these shadows a few times since I purchased them and have not had a problem with them creasing and they do seem to be long lasting.

I like that it was super affordable costing only $1 at the Dollar Tree, but it's also a shade that is discontinued from the NYC core line. The Metro Quartets are still available from NYC, but in different shades, and retail for $3.99.

Have you tried any of the NYC Metro Quartets or any of their other shadows? What did you think about them?

The look I created using the NYC Metro Quartet in Riverside Park


 Hopefully you can tell in this photo that primer is a plus when using these shadows.
 A closer look at the Metro Quartet in Riverside Park



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...