Header

Header

Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

Year In Review: Favorite Products

Welcome to the first of four posts in my Year in Review series! Today I'll be sharing my favorite products from 2013! I have quite a few things so let's get started. Also if I have reviewed the product I'll link to that post in case you want to know more about it.

I'll start off with my favorite lip product, Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched, since I don't have a photo of it because I'm out of it and I can't find a photo that I took of it, but we all know what it looks like. I went through several of these lip balms in 2013 I think they moisturize my lips well and I love that it has SPF in it.

I tired several new skin care items this year and came out with three that I really liked. L'Oreal Hydrafresh Toner, eclos Skin Prep Cleanser and Avon Moisture Boost Daily moisture lotion. I hear a lot of people say that you don't need a toner, but I feel like it really helps my skin and it makes it feel really fresh. This toner did not leave my skin feeling tight or dry. I have been using this same bottle of eclos cleanser for months, and it is probably my most favorite cleanser ever, hands down. It cleans my face well and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. The only issue I have with this product is the price. I have used several moisturizers this year as well, but I stuck with the Avon one the longest, it's a really light moisturizer, but it gives my skin all the moisture that it needs.


Next are face products that I used the most in 2013. I instantly fell in love with the Olay Fresh Effects BB cream, I have been using this since early summer. It gives me the moisture my skin craves and evens out my skin tone, it does not give much coverage though, that's where my NYC Sunny bronzer comes in. I love this bronzer and will probably never
use any other bronzer. It does not make my skin look muddy or orange, it's matte and inexpensive. I also used one blush quite a bit this year, I'm not much of a blush person, but Milani's Baked blush in Luninoso is just so beautiful, it gives a light peachy glow to the skin. Great for a nice summer glowing look. I went through two bottles of the ELF Mist and Set Spray, I love using this any time that I wear powder products to keep them from making my skin look really dry and cakey.


Most of my 2013 eye looks were pretty much the same, I got in a rut I guess. One of my favorite eye shadows was Wet N Wilds Walking on Eggshells trio, I actually hit pan on it a couple months back! No matter what eye liner I got I always went back to my Avon Ultra Luxury liner. It's not the best eyeliner there is on the market, but it works well for what I need it to and it's inexpensive when Avon has it on sale. In 2013 I also tried out several mascaras but none of them measured up to Maybelline's One by One Volume Express. I love they way this mascara makes my lashes look and it holds the curl in my lashes better than any other mascara that I have used.


I found three new hair favorites in 2013 Suave Touchable Finish Hairspray, I love this because it does not leave my hair feeling hard or crunchy and it's affordable on my small budget. In 2013 I flat ironed my hair a ton so I invested in a heat protectant spray, Tresemme Platinum Strength, (should have a purple pump, but it broke, so I replaced it with the pump from another Tresemme spray) it does what it's supposed to do and it's one of the more affordable ones on the market. I also got introduced to Moroccan Argan Oil last year, I tried a couple different brands and love Garnier's Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment the best. Provided great moisture to my thirsty curly locks.


I love fragrances and tried out many new ones in 2013 my favorite of the year was Coconut Water from Bath & Body Works, it just smells so good! Wish I would have picked up extra bottles of it when they had it on sale back in the late summer. I also really liked Viva La Juicy La Fluer, I got a small sample of it and it was amazing, but there is no way I would pay $70 for a bottle of perfume.


Last but not least, my favorite nail polish from 2013......... Payton from Zoya! I love the deep plummy color and the holographic flecks just make it pop!


Looking forward to trying out new products in 2014 and finding more favorites! What were some of you favorites from 2013? Leave them in the comments below :)

1 comment:

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...