Header

Header

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mish Mash Challenge Week 25

Why hello there! Have you been missing me the past few Wednesdays? I have missed doing the challenge, but I've been challenged the last couple of months with some health issues (under control now) and the bitter cold this past week causing frozen pipes. But I'm here today and I have, in my opinion, a really cool manicure!


This week our theme/prompt was two colors we wouldn't normally pair together. Can I just say I have a hard enough time deciding on one color I actually want to wear, so I knew there was not hope of me finding two colors that I wouldn't pair together on a normal day, so I had my hubby go to my polish shelves and grab me two polishes :) I think he did a great job! He chose Wild Thing from Pure Ice and Why Not from Sinful Colors, definitely not two I would have picked for a manicure. The colors are not quite accurate, I took the photos indoors at night.


I decided to do a diagonal mani and accent (cover up the line) with some rhinestones. I really like the way this came out, but it's not functional. I could not use a topcoat because it makes the stones look cloudy so I lost 2 stones about 30 minutes after I finished them. Luckily I got the photos prior to that.


I'm really excited to see what the ladies did for this week! Check them out below.

5 comments:

  1. These look fab together! Shame about the rhinestones though =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I've had the same luck with rhinestones...so I haven't used them very many times. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Hate when rhinestones fall off... don't they know they're supposed to stay put?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great!! Love them! So glad you're doing better. And I think half of our group had pipes burst. Mine burst two days after the deep freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you on the pipe thing...I actually love these two colors together! Very un-winterlike, so it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...