Header

Header

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel System

I was sent this full size product by SheSpeaks for trying out and providing feedback on the website Style United. I actually received this back in early June, but was kind of afraid, I guess, to use it because I have never used anything like this before, but I'm glad that I used it.

The Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel System is a specialty treatment that consists of a microdermabrasion treatment with derma-crystals and a peel activator serum, with lactic acid. The system is supposed to regenerate skins texture, activate surface cell renewal, visibly improve skins tone, leave skin feeling soft and
smooth and diminish the look of lines and wrinkles. The key ingredients include niacinamide, Vitamin B3, and Vitamin E

The microdermabrasion treatment has derma-crystals in it and has a citrus smell to it. It actually smells really nice. The peel activator serum is clear and runny, which I thought would be an issue, but when you apply it on top of the derma-crystals it gets thick. The serum, to me, has a chemical type scent. It's not a strong smell, but it does not smell as good as the derma-crystals.

The way I used this was I applied the derma-crystals to my clean and dry face. I covered my face with it like I would if I was applying a mask. I gently massaged the derma-crystals for about one minute. They caused a slight warming sensation on my face, which is normal. The derma-crystals are a bit abrasive, but not so abrasive that it hurts. Next I applied a thick layer of the serum with my finger tips, right over the derma-crystals. This created a nice amount of foam, while it dissolved the derma-crystals, and again I did experience an even more intense warming sensation on my face. I massaged this on my face for one minute. I then took a wet, warm wash cloth and began wiping the 'mask' off my face. After I was sure I had got all of the 'mask' removed I applied my everyday moisturizer. I did experience some redness to my skin because of massaging the derma-crystals in.

I do think that this product meets the claims. It left my skin feeling super soft and smooth and I do see a difference in my skin tone after using this product. I can't say if it does anything for diminishing the look of lines and wrinkles though.

The box says that this product is gentle enough to use up to, two times a week, but for me personally, I like to use it only when I feel like my skin is looking dull. Overall I am very happy with the results that I get when I use this product.

This product can be found in drug stores and at your local Walmart. It retails at Walmart for $22.44

Have you tried Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel System? What did you think about it?
 Derma-Crystals
 Peel activator serum
Foam that is created once to the are mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...