Header

Header

Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

May Birchbox Hits and Misses

I've had a chance to try out all of the products thoroughly that I received in my Birchbox last month. Which were the Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15, BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray, Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 and the Kiehl's Abyssine Cream.

I really like the Tinted lip treatment, it moisturizes your lips while giving you the right amount of color to you lips. It also has a really nice fragrance to it, kind of smells sugary. I also like the packaging, it's made of hard plastic on the inside and the outside has a
metal feel to it and instead of just pulling the lid off you have to twist it off. It is a bit pricey 22.50 for a 0.15oz tube. I rate this product a 4 out of 5 just because it is expensive.

I did not like the BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray at all, it gave me a headache. It's described as being a blend of exotic fruity and woodsy notes, including pear and bamboo. I did not smell any of those in this fragrance, to me it had a very powdery smell to it. Way to over powering for me. This retails for $64 for a 1.33oz bottle. This product gets no stars from me.

I was not impressed with the Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 it says that it works as a light moisturizer and a skin perfecting tint that smooths roughness, hides blemishes and masks scars. I have a couple of scars on my legs and I tried using it on them and I could not see any difference other than the fact it left gold sparkles on me. This might be a nice product to use if you were going out to add a little extra color to your skin with a hint of sparkle. This retails for $34 for a 3.38oz tube. I'd give this product 1 out of 5 stars, just because I do like the way the hint of sparkle looks.

The last product that I tried out was the Kiehl's Abyssine Cream. This is one product that I really liked, so much in fact that it's gone! it claims that it delays the cellular aging process, softens stubborn lines, and helps protect against future damage. I can't really say weather or not it does any of that because I don't have lines, but I can say that it is really moisturizing. This retails for $48 for 1.69oz. I give this product 3 out of 5 stars because it's expensive and I can't say weather or not it does all it claims to.


Did you get a Birchbox in May? Which products did you like or dislike?







No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...