Header

Header

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ABC Nail Challenge: Letter X

Today's letter for the ABC Nail Challenge has had me racking my brain since we started this challenge and last week it came to me in a flash 'X' Marks the Spot! Now the vision I had in my head looked like one of those old treasure maps that you would see in moves with the little dashed black line leading to an X. I tried my best to transfer my vision to my nails. Not the best but I kinda like it. For my base I used NYC Mulberry Street, black cream for the dashes and Hot Hot Heat from Sinful Colors for my X. The little rhinestone I got in a set from Avon.

I love to take pictures so I thought I would share a picture of a cute little visitor that keeps coming around my house. A cute little groundhog :)

Be sure to stop by and see what all the ladies did for the letter X!

29 comments:

  1. Great X mani! And omg how cute is that groundhog!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, it's almost like telling a story on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea!! I love it and think you did a wonderful job!!

    As for the groundhog....ok kind of cute. Better than all the opossums we get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Possums are mean little critters LOL

      Delete
  4. LOLOL. It really DOES look like a map! Very clever, Amy. You nailed that X!

    Sounds like the groundhog may have adopted you. You might have to start thinking of a suitable name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Lisa! I do need to think of a name for it. It seems to come by almost every day :)

      Delete
  5. What a clever idea for a very difficult letter! That groundhog is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Clever idea!! And that groundhog is too cute!! I once took a pic of one staring right at me and about 5 ft away!!! That was back in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping it will start coming farther up in the yard so i can get a better picture :)

      Delete
  7. The map idea is so original! Maybe it doesn't fully convince you because the base colour is too light? I figure a map to be a dark brown or something like mud-colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may be what it is. May have to give this look another try with a darker base :)

      Delete
  8. Very cute idea :) I love the rhinestone on the X!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job; adorable idea! Love the groundhog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good thinking. I would have never thought of something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea!!! So funny!
    And the groundhog is really adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, we had the same idea, great minds ey? I like yours much better than mine though, great job =)

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...