Header

Header

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ABC Nail Challenge: Letter W

Today's ABC Nail Challenge post features a manicure that is probably my favorite from this challenge and the one that I spent the most time on. For the letter W I decided to try out a new technique that is similar to water marbling called water spotting. Like with the water marbling technique, water spotting gives each nail a unique look. To do water spotting you drip drops of nail polish in water like you would if you were going to water marble, except you use only one color and instead of swirling the colors to make a design, you spray it with alcohol to make the polish sorta break up and create holes or gaps between the color, so you base color will show through. Hope that makes  sense :)

I think that there is a lot of trial and error when it comes to this type of mani, you have to find colors that will spread well in the water and colors that work well together. I love the way my middle and ring finger came out. The other two the polish is not separated enough for my taste. I think it would have came out a little better if the bottle I was using to spray the alcohol with did not spray such a fine mist.

I wanted something bright so I used Beach Baby by Jesse's Girl as my base color and White on the Spot by Milani for the spotting. On my ring fingers I used a black cream polish for spotting.



Also be sure to check out my current giveaway :)

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies did for the letter W

14 comments:

  1. Cool nails, I wish I could do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantel! It's pretty easy to do, just a pain to clean up :)

      Delete
  2. I did a lot of water marbles but I've never tried water spotting technique... I'm a bit lazy, I know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ops, I forgot: the final result is really nice, and this also seems to be a fun technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is interesting!! I tried the water marble thing for this week but it was a no go.... very messy too. I did not know about the water spotting technique, thanks for sharing. Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni. I found it to be a little easier than the marbling.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the tip on this technique, it does look different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks a bit easier than water marbling, I'll have to try it out! Yours came out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this technique...it always turns out so interesting and yours is no exception. I like the color you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mani turned out lovely! I've been dying to try this technique, I hope I do it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You reminded me I totally want to try this technique! I love all the nails btw!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...