Header

Header

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

BBHQ March Task: Editing

March is here and that means it's time for the Beauty Bloggers Headquarters March task! This month we will be talking about editing programs for all of our photos and videos.

1. What program(s) have you used in the past for editing your photos and/or Videos? 
The program that I always use for editing photos is Jasc PainShop Pro 8. I really like this program because it is simple to use, very effective and a lot cheaper that PhotShop.

The program that I use for editing videos is RealPlayer. It allows me to edit out sections of videos. I would love an editing program that allows for more in depth editing. I have Windows Movie Maker, but it never seems to work right for me.

2. What are your thoughts on image editing websites; free or purchased?
I do not have a lot of experience using editing websites. I used Picnik for a short time, before they did away with it, and I really enjoyed using it. I think these type programs would work fine.

3. What are your thoughts on editing videos directly on YouTube's website?
I like that you can add annotations and a couple of the effects that you can add to your videos. I also really like that you can adjust the lighting and contrast, as this is something that I can not do with my current video editing software.

5. What program(s) would you recommend for beginner bloggers?
I would recommend using any of the free online photo editors and using the YouTube video editior when you start out. Then if you decide to stick with blogging/vlogging maybe update to programs that you have to pay for, if you are looking for more than what you can get for free online. If the free programs are working for you, stick with them.

6. What is your editing process like? Do you edit individual pieces or schedule a day for all your editing?
Usually I take my photos either the day before or the day that I'll be writing my post. As of late though, I have been looking at my planner and taking all the photos for the week at one time. Once I have taken all my photos I'll upload them to my computer and edit them all in one sitting. I do the same with my videos, although, I do n't do videos very often anymore.

7. On average how much time do you think you spend on editing images and videos in a week?
It really depends on how many post I do during the week. For example I took photos for 4 upcoming blog posts the other day and I spend about an hour editing the photos.

8. Show some before and after examples from when you first started blogging/vlogging and what your current content looks like.
As far as editing photos go, I have been editing since before I started blogging, so I don't see much change from when I started blogging and now in my edits. I have, however, started taking better photos for my blogging.

And for videos, I still don't feel like I'm any good at editing video :/

I hate to even post this one LOL It was my very first video:

And one of my more recent videos (from 2012)

Be sure to head over to BBHQ and check out how and what other bloggers/vloggers use for editing.


1 comment:

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...