Key West Aloe describes their Gentle Aloe Facial Cleanser as 'A pH balanced, gentle foaming formula containing 30 percent aloe vera. It removes all residue of facial and eye makeup while still being gentle on your skin. It is idea for all skin types.' They claim that in addition to removing all makeup and being gentle that it will preserve elasticity and rebalances the moisture level, stimulates circulation and refreshes dull looking skin and has a fresh, clean citrus scent.
The Gentle Aloe Facial Cleanser also contains some other key ingredients in addition to the aloe vera that are great for your skin.
- Basil oil to stimulate circulation and refresh dull looking skin and improve the skin color, complexion and tone.
- Sweet Orange Peel Oil supports collagen formation in the skin.
- Sandalwood oil rejuvenates, rehydrates and works as an anti-inflammatory.
- Galbanum Resin Oil promotes cell regeneration and tones the skin.
- Babassu Oil helps rebalance moisture levels in oily skin and also aids in preserving the elasticity of the skin by keeping it soft and supple while ridding it of surface impurities.
- Lemon Peel Oil possesses skin tightening and toning effects. It also serves as a purifying disinfectant making it idea for treating oily, tired and stressed skin.
- Bergamont Fruit Extract gives you the cooling and refreshing feel and helps calm inflamed skin and has antiseptic properties.
I have been using the Gentle Aloe Facial Cleanser for a little while now an I have seen a difference in my complexion and tone. My skin looks brighter and no longer has a dull look to it. I have also noticed that after I used this product I have less redness to my face as opposed to using my other cleansers. Since colder weather is here this cleanser has been great for keeping my skin moisturized, usually during the colder weather months my face is super dry and I have not had any real issue with that since using this cleanser. After I use it and pat my face dry it feels so incredibly soft and smooth. I also get a cooling sensation after using it to, which feels really nice on my skin. For me this did remove foundation makeup really well, but it did not remove all of my eye makeup. I don't know if that is because my liner that I use is waterproof or what the deal with that is. However, I like this cleanser so much I don't mind pulling out my little bottle of eye makeup remover to finish getting my eye makeup off! The cleanser has a little foaming action, but it seems to be very minimal.
I also really love the scent of this cleanser, it is exactly as they described it; a fresh, clean citrus scent. You can definitely smell the sweet orange peel and a hint of the lemon peel oil. The scent is and extra plus for me because I love lemony scents.
I also want to address the one statement above about oily skin. I always fear if something is good for oily skin, that it will be drying to my already dry skin. This cleanser, as I stated above has been a huge help to my dry skin, so if you have dry skin don't let that one note turn you off from this amazing cleanser.
I'll be honest I tried this cleanser out before I checked to see how much it was. After using it for a while and seeing how good it made my skin look, I figured it would be rather expensive, but it's not! It's $16.50 for a 6oz bottle. My current cleanser comes in a 6.8 oz bottle for $14.99.
Have you heard of the Key West Aloe Company?
** I received this sample courtesy of BeautyStat **