Header

Header

Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

Review: Rimmel BB Cream

A few weeks ago I received a box from Influenster full of Rimmel products as a reward for unlocking a badge. In my box was three tubes of Rimmel's BB Cream and if you have been reading my blog for a while, you  may have noticed that I like to try out drug store BB Creams, so I was excited to see I had received a tube in each of the 3 shades that Rimmel offers; Light, Light Medium and Medium Dark, since my tan from summer has faded I opted to start trying out the Light shade.

Rimmel claims it's BB Cream is a 'skin perfecting super makeup' that primes, moisturizes, minimizes pores, conceals, covers, smooths, mattifies, brightens and helps protect. Claims it will last all day, is light weight and has a 100% natural finish.

Overall I do like Rimmel's BB Cream, but some days I have a like/hate relationship with it and I've come to the conclusion it's either just my skin or maybe I applied to much because with this BB cream a little seems to go a long way. Some days when I wear it, it looks great other days it makes my face look really dry. I want to also note that I always use my moisturizer with this and all other BB creams that I have tried. I do like the amount of coverage I get from this BB cream and I feel like it really evens out my skin tone.

When I first apply the BB cream it leaves me with a dewy finish, although it claims that it mattifies. It's also a little bit greasy feeling after I apply it, but nothing horribly bad and that slightly goes away a little while after applying and that seems to be when it does kind of make my face look more matte. I honestly do not feel that it lasts all day, I feel touch ups would be necessary. During my testing period that and the occasionally dry looking application is really the only things I dislike about it.

Rimmel BB Cream Swatch
Rimmel BB Cream Blended In
Rimmel BB Cream Indoor Lighting
BB Cream Outdoor Lighting
Final thoughts: It's not a total fail for me and I will continue to use this BB cream and just set it with my ELF mist and set spray to reduce any dryness that may appear. I really love the price point on this BB Cream, Walmart has it for $5.47-$6.47 You get 1 fl. oz. of product.

Have you tried Rimmel's BB Cream? Any other drugstore BB Creams? Which ones have been your favorites?

4 comments:

  1. Nice review. I am been wearing Garnier BB Cream lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantel! I have not tried the Garnier yet. Does it work well?

      Delete
  2. OMG! I know this is going to sound odd, but I just love your face! Your smile makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Lizzy! Your comment made me smile :)

      Delete

I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your day to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. I read each comment that is left for me.
Please do not leave Follow Me comments, they will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...